Online shopping has set a record in recent days. People now getting used to purchasing online & they find it more comfortable. Going to the store & buying products. People buy dress material, other accessories, mobile phones, electrical & electronic items online. In this series now people get to buy groceries online. Every month we need to buy groceries for our living every online grocery delivery company will get repeated consumers. This is the reason why online grocery companies like instacart are successful.
This has grabbed the attention of every entrepreneur who wants to step into the online market. They all want to build instacart like app & website are eager to know about how to build an app like instacart. Let us get into detail.
What is Instacart?
Instacart is a leading online grocery store founded in 2012, functions within the United States & Canada. The dedicated website & the mobile app covers 5500 cities & has a partnership with 350 retailers & with 25000 grocery stores. Instacart has given a new form for grocery shopping & meets the need of busy people by providing pick-up & delivery services.
The demand for Grocery Delivery
The number of grocery app users is increasing. As per the Statista report, by considering the app users from 2017 to 2020, it is projected that by 2022 the number of users may reach 30.4 million. This shows how far is the demand for grocery items among the people. The E-retail food & beverage segment are growing 18% every year. There is a wide scope for grocery app in the coming days.
Instacart Business Model
The instacart business model is a complete combination of the features of eCommerce, on-demand, sharing, subscription, & aggregator business model. The instacart follows the 2 tier customer strategy. Every entrepreneur desires to build an app like instacart all of its elegant business model. Let us get into detail.
Instacart revenue model
The success of instacart is mainly of the revenue model it has framed. If you want to build instacart like the website you need to clearly understand the revenue model of instacart. Instacart has several revenue generation options that help the platform to grow.
The users – they are the consumers who will either use the website the mobile app to order the groceries. They will choose the store & will place their orders. Placing the order they will give their delivery preference & the timings they want the goods to be delivered.
Delivery fee – there is a standard delivery charge of $3.99 for all orders $35 & the products will be scheduled & delivered within 2 hours. If you need it within 1 hr $5.99 will be charged. For all orders $35, the delivery charge will be $7.99 for delivering within 2 hours & $9.99 for delivering within 1 hr.
The Stores – the instacart will have a partnership with numerous stores & they will be displayed to the consumers. The consumers can select their favorite store & order the items. Stores work with instacart contracts & will earn high revenue.
Membership fee – users can avail of annual membership offers. The annual membership costs $99 & you become a member you can free delivery of groceries for one whole year.
The shoppers – the shoppers will take care of the pick-up & delivery of the items. They work on a contract basis. They can be part-time workers. A mobile app will be installed on their mobile & they will get order notification through their app. The company will assign them to work & they will work according to the schedule made by the company.
Mark-up prices – certain stores will sell their product by keeping a hike in the price of 15%. That 15% will be given to instacart by the stores.
How Instacart Works
- The USP of instacart is a same-day delivery service. You will receive your groceries on your doorstep.
- You place the order, the company will receive the order & will send it to its dedicated shoppers to shop the product on the store you have mentioned.
- The shoppers will pick-up the products from the store & will deliver the products to the consumers.
- They will get the commission according to the delivery they make.
- The process is very simple & this is the reason why people want to build instacart like a website.
Instacart Key Features
The in-built features of instacart cover all the demands of the consumers, shoppers, & retailers. If you want to build instacart like the website you need to make sure that you will all the below mentioned features on your website.
- Social media integration – you cannot promote yourself online if your website is integrated with social media platforms. The website has a smooth login function to all social media channels.
- Product search – all products contain a rich description that makes it simple to search & find the product easily.
- Tracking – consumers always want to track their orders & want to know the live status. Instacart allows its consumers to know the current position of their orders through tracking features.
- Coupons & 7discounts – you cannot retain your consumers if you don’t provide them discounts & offers. Instacart never fails to delight its consumers.
- Payment options – the key feature to build an instacart like the website is to have multiple payment options. This allows consumers to pay for their convenience.
How to Build Instacart like App & Website
Building a website like instacart needs you to have certain factors in mind. With the proper planning, you will be able to successfully develop a website like instacart.
- Unlimited products – You are planning to build a grocery website, you will have thousands of products. You need to make sure that your website has enough capacity to hold all the product details.
- Delivery schedule – to build an instacart like website you need to follow their key objective. Delivering the products on the same.
- User-friendly administrative site – You need to have a clear conversation with your customers your website should be perfectly user-friendly. This will help you to retain your customers & will grow your business.
Now you all set to build instacart like website. You have two options to get things done as mentioned below.
After analyzing the instacart website you need to hire any leading software development company & can build the website from scratch. The developer will go through the modules & will help you to build instacart like a website.
A multi-vendor platform gets successfully you can find a lot of clone scripts & readymade software. Resembles all the features of the multi-vendor platform. You can simply build instacart like website by purchasing the readymade software.
Know How Much Does it Cost to Build a Instacart Like App & Website
Getting to know about the cost to build instacart like website always have a clear idea about.
- How complex the online grocery application is going to be?
- Your target audience & your geographical area to be focused.
- The platform you prefer to launch the application.
- Do you want to develop the app for android or IOS users or both?
- These factors determine the cost of developing an instacart like website.
The average price to build an instacart like the website will be between $8500 to $10000. This is for building it either for android & IOS. If you need to develop for the platforms cost will be between $16000 to $18000.
How Instacart find customers?
Instacart has various marketing strategies to attract more consumers.
- Word of mouth – this is a grand old method, it has its importance & gives good results. By satisfying the existing customers, they will get more new customers as their existing customers will become their brand ambassadors & through them, the business grows.
- Internet marketing – focusing on all social media channels, instacart runs campaigns online & promotes their business by reaching the target audience.
- Free first deliveries – every new customer can avail of free delivery on their first order with instacart. This will delight the customers & let them buy again & again with instacart.
- Offers & discounts – instacart announces seasonal offers to its consumers & people can save more with these offers.
How Zielcommerce Can Help You to Create an Instacart Like Website & App?
Zielcommerce can give a solution for all entrepreneurs who wish to make an app like instacart. The zielcommerce website and app will have all the necessary features & you can even update it according to your business needs as it is customizable. You can enjoy the below-mentioned features with Zielcommerce
- Real-time analytics
- Clean UI & highly scalable
- On-time push notification
- Live order tracking
- Multiple payment gateway integrations
- Products review & rating system
- Offers & deals for the consumers
- Map integration for addresses.
- Live chat with customers.
- Dedicated mobile app for shoppers & consumers.
Instacart has been ranked No. 1 in the list of America’s promising companies. This is the technology it uses & the strategy it follows to delight the customers. To build an app like instacart, you need to have the complete features of instacart & should have a clear marketing plan to promote your business online.